Tips to Save Money at the Pump
As gas prices continue to drop, motorists should take advantage of their savings at the pump and invest it back into their vehicles. By spending a little now to increase fuel efficiency, drivers can multiply fuel savings and save more money at the pump, according to the Car Care Council.
Here are a few simple steps for motorists to be car care aware to improve fuel efficiency and save money in the long run:
- Engine performance: Keep your car properly tuned to improve gas mileage by an average of four percent.
- Tire pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Motor oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Air filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Gas cap: Damaged, loose or missing gas caps allow gas to vaporize into the air.
For more tips to increase savings and fuel efficiency for your vehicle, visit www.carcare.org.