8 Rice-Based Holiday Dishes
Dec 19, 2015 03:30AM ● Published by Family Features
Look no further than your pantry this holiday season for a staple that can be included in breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert recipes, potluck menus – or even in food-based gifts. Quick, easy and ready in minutes, wholesome Minute® Rice, available in in white, brown and multi-grain varieties, is the perfect ingredient for these seasonal breakfasts, side dishes and desserts.
- Pineapple Cranberry Holiday Salad – This perfect holiday or side dish recipe idea features delicious Minute Multi-Grain Medley – a blend of four gluten-free, 100 percent whole grains including brown, Thai red and wild rice and quinoa – plus tangy pineapple, whole cranberries, pecans and fresh celery.
- Zucchini Banana Multi-Grain Bread – Save those bananas for this delicious zucchini bread with just the right amount of whole grains. Perfect with walnuts or chopped pecans and makes a great gift for friends and neighbors.
- Cranberry Pecan Multi-Grain Stuffing – A perfect holiday or special occasion side dish featuring sauteed onions, crisp celery and flavorful dried cranberries all simmered in broth. Don't forget to add the toasted chopped pecans.
- Honey Nut Dressing – An easy-to-make, dressing or stuffing recipe idea with Minute Whole Grain Brown Rice, crunchy walnuts and sweet raisins.
- Classic Rice Pudding – A holiday favorite, everyone will want to taste this classic rice pudding dessert recipe after dinner.
- Broccoli Rice Casserole – The quintessential creamy side dish, perfect for dinner, an office potluck or a holiday meal.
- Sweet Potato Rice Casserole – A delicious take on a traditional holiday side, perfect with either Minute White or Whole Grain Brown Rice.
- Brown Rice Frittata with Bacon and Edamame – Try whole grain brown rice for breakfast with this delicious frittata, crisp bacon, scallions and edamame.
Find more holiday recipes and preparation tips at minuterice.com.