Know Before You Go: Fishing Trip Tips
Mar 21, 2017 03:32PM ● Published by Melanie Heisinger
Gallery: Inn-to-Inn Fishing around Pine Island, Florida [27 Images] Click any image to expand.
Before you plan your fishing trip, there are a few things to keep in mind. Also, enjoy this gallery of Inn-to-Inn Fishing around Pine Island, Florida.
Know Before You Go:
- Wear sturdy water shoes, not flip flops, when paddling. The ocean bottom is sharp with shells and other detritus.
- Bring food and water. There is no place to come ashore for refreshments between inns.
- Preload your GPS with maps and bring a waterproof nautical chart. The route is only loosely marked and it’s easy to get disoriented among the mangroves.
- Put a tidal app on your phone so you can time your fishing with the tides.
- Cover up. The sun is strong, and you’ll be on the water at least 8 hours each day.
- Go early. The best fishing and the calmest part of the day is at sunrise, and it’s gorgeous!