If cooler days have you wishing for savory dishes, give your menu a boost this fall with a bold, spicy twist on your favorite comfort foods. Rich, creamy dishes featuring pasta and a kick of spicy heat will warm you up from the inside out.
A traditional pasta and cheese is the perfect foundation for a delicious skillet dish, one-pot pleaser or casserole that blends familiar flavors with new ones to make an easy and complete weeknight dinner. Packaged options such as Velveeta Shells & Cheese can help shave preparation time, and with new bold Jalapeño and Chipotle flavors, you can bring the heat to a whole new level.
No cheesy pasta is complete unless it's perfectly prepared. Follow these tips to get your pasta just right:
- Use 4 to 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta to allow the pasta enough room to cook without sticking together.
- Stir pasta when you first add it to the water to prevent sticking.
- Use the cooking time on the package as a guide, then try a piece to see if it's the right texture.
- Don't rinse cooked pasta; you'll rinse away the starch, which actually helps the sauce stick. Only rinse pasta if it will be used cold, such as in a salad.
These recipes show how easy it is to combine simple proteins, such as chicken or beef, in addition to your favorite cheesy pasta and spices for a cozy dish in minutes. Find more recipes at Velveeta.com
Beefy Nacho Shells and Cheese
- 1 package Velveeta Shells & Cheese Bold, Jalapeño
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Boil 6 cups water in saucepan. Stir in shell pasta and jalapeños; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta and jalapeños. Do not rinse. Return to pan. Add cheese sauce; mix well.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in skillet; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water; simmer until most of the water is cooked off. Add meat mixture to cooked pasta with cheese sauce; mix well. Top with tortilla chips.
Smoke and Spice Chicken Shells and Cheese
- 1 package Velveeta Shells & Cheese Bold, Chipotle
- 3/4 pound chopped, cooked chicken
- Boil 6 cups water in saucepan. Stir in shell pasta; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta. Do not rinse. Return to pan. Add cheese sauce and seasoning; mix well. Add chicken to prepared pasta.
Sponsored by Velveeta Shells & Cheese