Throw an Epic Easter Brunch on a Budget
Mar 13, 2017 04:32AM
● By Family Features
Preparing an elaborate Easter spread for your family doesn’t have to be an expensive (or exhausting) endeavor. Rethinking familiar dishes and ingredients is an easy way to add a special touch to your meal.
Add a dash of affordable elegance to your Easter brunch with these simple tips from the experts at ALDI:
- For a colorful twist on an Easter classic, try pickling your deviled eggs. Pickling punches up the flavor of these tasty bites and gives your eggs a festive hue.
- Offer dishes that are pretty and practical. Bake pre-cooked angel hair pasta in muffin tins until the tops are crisp. Fill your pasta “nests” with ingredients such as poached eggs, cheese or diced ham, and you have an attractive brunch dish that is portioned just right for each serving.
- Cater to the individual tastes of your guests with a mimosa bar. Set out a table with champagne, a selection of fruit juices and sliced fruits and berries so your guests can mix and match as they wish.
- Chocolate-dipped desserts are easy and always a crowd pleaser. Make better-for-you treats by dipping Easter goodies in smooth, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for lower sugar content. Or for a sweet treat without too much added sugar, repurpose dark chocolate by melting it for fondue, and serve an assortment of fruits or salty snacks, like pretzels, for guests to dip.
- Explore new ways to enjoy timeless classics. Maple is a terrific addition to sweet and savory snacks, from bacon to cookies and beyond. Give brunch a sweet spin with these Carrot Cake Waffles, which feature a decadent maple cream cheese drizzle. You can find the premium, affordable ingredients to make this crowd-pleasing brunch recipe at ALDI, along with everything else you’ll need to entertain this Easter.
Find more ideas and recipes for an excellent Easter meal at aldi.us.
Carrot Cake Waffles with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
Recipe courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 2 cups Baker’s Corner All Purpose Baking Mix
- 3 tablespoons Stonemill Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Friendly Farms 1 Percent Milk
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
- 1 Goldhen Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Raisins
- 1 cup grated carrot
- Carlini Butter Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Specially Selected 100 Percent Pure Maple Syrup
- To make waffles: Heat waffle iron.
- In large bowl, combine baking mix, cinnamon and brown sugar. Whisk in milk, oil and egg until fully incorporated. Fold in pecans, raisins and carrot.
- Coat waffle iron with nonstick spray. Ladle 1/2 cup of batter onto iron for each waffle. Cook 6-8 minutes, or until waffle is golden brown.
- To make cream cheese drizzle: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and syrup until fully incorporated. Drizzle over waffles. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Waffles can be placed in a re-sealable bag, frozen up to three months and reheated in toaster.