Make Your Loved Ones a Chocolate Melting Cake for Valentine's Day
Feb 08, 2018 04:59PM
● By Linda Ditch
This recipe comes from the Carnival Cruise lines. The executive chef of the Carnival Magic cruise ship kindly gave it to me a couple of years ago. It’s the most popular dessert onboard all of the line’s ships. On the Magic, the galley makes 10,000 to 11,000 servings at a time! Not only is this dessert rich and decadent; it’s also surprisingly easy to make.
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) sugar
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) flour
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) butter
- Preheat the oven to 390°. (Or you can set it for 375° and allow for a slightly longer baking time.) Oil 4 ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave (heat 30 seconds, stir, repeat) or over a pan of just simmering water until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together for a few minutes until the eggs are fluffy and the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the flour.
- Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and stir until combined. Pour the batter into the ramekins. Set the ramekins in the oven and bake for 14 minutes, or until the top is firm and cakelike but the middle is still pudding soft. Serve warm with ice cream.