Try These Jams & Marmalades from Blake Hill Preserves This Holiday Season
If you’re not well acquainted with marmalade, Blake Hill’s marmalades are inspired. Vicky and Joe also have exceptional recipe ideas, such as spooning marmalade atop vanilla ice cream and adding a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. Their marmalades also make delicious fillings for chocolate cake.
Blake Hill just launched its own Holiday Jam, made with a bit of strawberry and raspberry, which features local cranberries and fresh plums. “It’s not too tart and not too sweet,” Vicky says. “It’s perfect for toast or on top of a creamy brie.” It will be available through the holiday season and is already their top seller.
Here are some other ideas:
- Mix a spoonful of jam into a serving of plain yogurt.
- Use preserves or marmalade as a topping for pancakes or ice cream.
- Turn plain cookies into sandwich cookies with a layer of jam in between.
- Stuff a pork loin or a chicken breast with fig or rhubarb jam or orange marmalade.
- Brush over chicken as it cooks on the grill.
- Add a spoonful to a bowl of oatmeal.