Ginger and Turmeric Hot Cider Recipe
Warm apple cider is the perfect winter drink. This special version combines two potent spices, ginger, and turmeric, for a unique flavor and nutrition profile. Both spices are being studied for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- 1 cup fresh sweet apple cider
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- 1 strip (1/2-inch by 1/2-inch) lemon peel, white part included
- Dash cinnamon, optional
1. In a small saucepan, combine cider, ginger, turmeric, and lemon peel. Over medium-high heat, heat until the ring of bubbles appears around the edge of the pan, 3 minutes.
2. Cover the pan and set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
3. Pour hot-spiced cider through a fine tea strainer into a mug and add a dash of cinnamon if using. Serve immediately.
To see where you can get farm-fresh please visit The Image Fall 2020 digital edition on-page 28.