NH/VT Ski Areas Issue New Safety Requirements for This SeasonDec 18, 2020 04:40PM ● By Kaitlyn Malone
Skiing is a fun winter activity we can do outside and continue to follow safety guidelines during Covid-19. Ski areas in Vermont and New Hampshire have provided some new guidelines to maintain a safe skiing experience this year. Statewide guidelines in New Hampshire include health screenings for every ticket counter, and personal items will not be allowed in the base lodges, so skiers will need to change at their cars. Some areas may also have continuing travel restrictions, so it will be important to prepare ahead of time if you need to quarantine before you go skiing.
- Plan ahead of time. Most mountains are only allowing a certain amount of people in at one time.
- Buy tickets in advance.
- Face covering must be worn at all times (inside & Out).
- Social distancing.
- Health screening for every person.
- Personal items are not permitted in the base lodge (Skiers will have to change at your car).
- Some Mountains have travel restrictions.
If you're looking to get out on that fresh powder here are some places we suggest:
- Okemo Mountain
- Whaleback Mountain
- Bretton Woods
- Loon Mountain
- Cannon Mountain
- Mount Sunapee
- Dartmouth Skiway
- Killington Resort
- Jay Peak