Favorties for Fall Sipping
Sep 06, 2010 04:50PM ● Published by Erin Frisch
Mix up these delicious beverages for autumn entertaining.
Mocha Cocoa Mix
Make ahead and store in a tin. Makes two cups
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 4 tablespoon(s) instant espresso
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 16 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Make the mix: Combine all ingredients except the cinnamon sticks in a medium bowl. Transfer the cocoa to an airtight container. Store for up to 6 months.
- To make cocoa, whisk 2 tablespoons of the mix with 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the cocoa dissolves. Add 3/4 cup milk and a cinnamon stick and whisk until heated through. Serve immediately.
Warm Bourbon Cider
Give warm apple cider a kick.
- 1 gallon(s) (16 cups) fresh apple cider
- 5 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 3 cup(s) bourbon
- In a large pot, heat apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- When mixture is hot but not boiling, remove from heat and add bourbon. Stir to distribute spices and divide cider among 20 mugs.
Ice cream and coffee liqueur contribute to the rich, smooth flavor.
- 2 cup(s) coffee liqueur
- 2/3 cup(s) vodka
- 5 cup(s) espresso or strong black coffee, cooled
- 3 pint(s) high-quality coffee ice cream, softened
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.